The Installing Committee of the Museum of Aljube Resistance and Freedom was appointed by the Mayor of Lisbon by Order of 15 April 2013, with the following competencies:
- To draw up and present the programme of scientific, museographic and programmatic contents of the Museum of Aljube;
- To define the tasks necessary for its implementation and the appropriate human, technical and financial resources, in accordance with the programme established by the CML (City Council of Lisbon);
- To support the architecture team in the final definition of the various spaces and aspects of the equipment;
- To follow the architectural requalification of the building;
- To support and accompany the installation of the Museum of Aljube until its inauguration;
- To support the Administration of the Museum of Aljube during its first year of effectiveness.
The members of the Advisory Board are appointed for a period of three years. With the termination of office of the Installing Committee, its members remain in the Advisory Board.
The Advisory Board of the Museum of Aljube, must, among other things:
- Advise the Administration of the Museum on the programmes or initiatives that are to be developed in the context of its activities;
- Assess the programme of activities and the annual budget and issue recommendations.
Representatives of the following Memory organisations:
25th of April Association
25th of April Documentation Centre of the University of Coimbra
Mário Soares and Maria Barroso Foundation
NAM – Civic Movement Don´t Erase Memories!
UMAR – Women’s Union Alternative and Response
URAP – Portuguese Union of Antifascist Resistance
MDM – Women’s Democratic Movement
National Museum of Resistance and Freedom
IHC – Institute of Contemporary History of the Faculty of Social and Human Sciences, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
AHSTP – Historical Archive of São Tomé and Príncipe
AMRT – Archive & Museum of Timorese Resistance (Timor – East)
Amílcar Cabral Foundation (Cape Verde)
Memorial of the Resistance of São Paulo (Brazil)
ATD – Tchiweka Documentation Association (Angola)
By order of the Mayor of the City Council of Lisbon, Fernndo Medina, 18 june 2021.